CODE OF ETHICS
As a member of the Empire
Kerry Blue Terrier Club (EKBTC), I will:
1. Comply with rules of the American Kennel
Club and support and accept the Constitution and By-Laws of the EKBTC.
2. Be a responsible dog owner and maintain high
standards in the care and humane training of my dogs.
3. Conduct myself in an exemplary manner at all
times being aware my behavior is a direct reflection on my Club.
4. Keep the welfare and health of the dogs the
first criteria in breeding or selling Kerry Blue Terriers.
5. Breed only to improve my dogs to the
standard of the breed.
6. Sell any dog with apparent medical or
genetic defects with a limited registration and/or spay/neuter contract.
7. Refuse stud service to any bitch not
registered with AKC or foreign national registry or that is genetically
unsound in conformation, health or temperament. Nor will I use such a
dog at stud.
8. Not sell dogs to wholesalers, retailers, nor
donate dogs to auctions or raffles, nor sell or donate dogs to research,
with the exception of breed specific sanctioned research.
9. Help purchasers with advice and instructions
for the life of the dog and help novice owners interested in
conformation showing, obedience, agility and other performance events.
10. Help educate the general public regarding
dogs in general and Kerry Blue Terriers in particular.
11. Always keep in mind the safety of other
dogs. I will not jeopardize other dogs or exhibitors by showing an
uncontrollable, aggressive or sick dog.